CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Old Friends

I have made a lot of new friends in the past couple of years and I see a lot of them, it seems that I'm seeing a lot less of my older friends, it makes me kind of sad. Monday night I caught up with an old friend, I've known her since my freshman year in high school from basketball and her mom was my freshman English teacher, and my favorite English teacher to date. (I won't be having any more English teachers, so she'll remain my fav.)


Anyway, I met Malissa at Yucatan Taco Stand on Magnolia in Fort Worth...no it's not a roll around cart, it's actually a nice place with a little patio that is just perfect when the temp is 80 degrees outside. It was started by the same guy that did Fuzzy's tacos, so they're tacos were great. Malissa got a grilled fish plate (no taco) and it was excellent, I will try that next time. I've only ever gotten fish tacos at Fuzzy's, but she swore the garlic beef taco was excellent...and she was right...mmmmm good! We met for dinner at 630 and I wasn't heading home until 1030, we had so much to catch up on. She has some big news coming soon, I'm excited for her! I hadn't seen her in a year or so, I'm not exactly sure how long (besides too long) but I still have her birthday gift from last year, her birthday is next month, if that gives you any idea of how long it's been.

We talked about work, friends, guys, friends, work, my industry, friends, her industry, friends, family, and generally just caught up. Even though we caught up for four hours, we still have so much more to say, I can't go that long without seeing a good friend, it's just not allowed. Since I live so much closer now, she lives downtown, I think we'll be having dinner more often. She's really busy with work (she's an attorney in the oil business) and I've been busy with work, she spends a lot of time with her family, her boyfriend, they go to see his family out of state, and she has lots and lots of friends, too. She told me about her 10 year reunion that's coming up, 10 YEARS?! She only graduated a year before me, oh gawd, that means my 10 year is coming up. It feels so wierd to be able to say something happened 10 years ago that didn't involve holding my dad's hand as we got in line for a roller coaster ride. Malissa had thought about helping plan her reunion, then she told me about the "issues" they're already having in the planning committee, such things as napkin colors and invites before the place to hold it is even decided. Seriously, it's a high school reunion, our school colors were black and red, how about black and red napkins. Oh, and if you want to keep the cost down and we are in the technology age (it's not still 1999 when you graduated) how about an evite?! I don't think I'll be helping plan my reunion, I think I'll just show up....and I need to somehow lose about 75 lbs by then, I should probably get started.


Anyway, it was great to catch up with an old friend, someone that's known me for a long time, I should probably go see less shows and see more old friends...and new ones, I still love chatting with my new friends, too. Obviously, there was no point to this post, sorry to have wasted your time.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good grief... I had my 10 year reunion this year and didn't go. of course, i was the senior class secretary, so i offered to do the invitations (evite? shame on you!), but that was my contribution. i didn't like those people then...why would i now? whatever. anyway, glad you got to see an old friend. and don't have expectations of your reunion. you just never know.