CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I have a lot of great ideas

This particular blog post is not about any of them, it's about probably my worst idea, ever.

I went to meet Sarah last night for dinner at 8.0. I had the bright idea of sitting inside because it was windy, there was an AWFUL band playing inside that made us hurry up and eat to get out of there. Sarah brought a very drunk friend, Kim, with her and Kevin met up with us before we ordered. You would have thought the people I was with would question my next brilliant idea since my first one of the night didn't work out so well. They didn't. I wanted ice cream all day yesterday, so I said ,"let's get ice cream." There wasn't any on the menu there at 8.0 so Sarah piped up that she wanted birthday cake ice cream from Coldstone. I liked her idea because I'm a fan of the Coldstone ice cream. So, I consult the GPS on my cell phone and it says there's one 1.5 miles away. Sarah and I think we could use the walk so we could work off some of the ice cream. Downtown's not huge but we're not exactly sure how big it is, so we figure 1.5 miles is still within the downtown area so we set off, on foot, to Coldstone. We get to the part where 6th and 7th come together (the address on GPS says it's on 7th) and there is no Coldstone in sight. I consult GPS, again, and it's 1.3 miles away...we were several blocks from 8.0 so I figure it's just confused because we're on foot on a one way street, going the wrong way and we keep walking. Sarah jokes that it's probably by Target, Kevin says it's probably in the Montgomery Plaza, which is right next to Target. I think, there is no way Montgomery Plaza is only 1.5 miles from downtown, so we keep walking. Kim is griping about how tired she is and wants to take a break, she's the smallest one of the four of us, get over it and keep walking! Kevin is griping about his boots hurting his feet and he wished he had tennis shoes. Sarah and I are busy burning off more calories because we're laughing so hard from the fact that we're walking so far for ice cream and at Kim and Kevin's griping. At one point, we walk over the Trinity, we went over the river and through the woods (high rise buildings) to get this damn ice cream. I've never worked so hard for some ice cream. FINALLY, we see the Montgomery Plaza sign and it's the light at the end of the tunnel...or so we think. We walk across the front, look in the center, and go all the way to the other side of the huge complex, no Coldstone. We're walking to a strip center off to the side of the Plaza and we still don't see Coldstone, we're thinking it must be at the back of the building, but I asked a lady who was sitting down if she knew where Coldstone was...to which she replied, "Oh yeah, it was in the middle area, but it closed a while back." WHAT?! We walked 1.5 miles for ice cream and the place is closed?! I don't believe her so I look it up on my GPS, again, and find the phone number, I call, sure enough, it's disconnected...sonofa...the place is closed. We spent almost an hour (because we were walking rather slowly) trying to get some damn ice cream and the place is closed. There's an Irish Pub next to the Montgomery Plaza that Sarah and I like to go to, so we decide to head over there for their bathrooms and a beer while we wait for a cab because we're not going to walk another 1.5 miles back. This 1.5 miles seemed like 5...not just 1.5.

We take the cab back downtown and pay $14 to go 1.5 miles...yes, way overpriced. Fort Worth and Dallas cabs are ridiculous, gee I don't know why people don't take them more often :eyeroll:

And, once we're back downtown, Sarah still wants ice cream (I can't lie, I still do, too.) So, we go to Marble Slab, which was actually suggested by Kim earlier in the night, but Sarah and I ignored her because we wanted Coldstone. Sarah wanted birthday cake ice cream, which we were sure only Coldstone had...what do you know, Marble Slab has birthday cake ice cream. We went through ALL OF THAT for nothing. Marble Slab was a three minute walk from 8.0. We take our ice cream to Kevin's truck (amazingly, Kevin is still with us) to sit on the tailgate and eat it. Random, seeing people tailgating downtown, eating ice cream.

We left 8.0 at 8 pm for ice cream and at about 930-945, we finally have our ice cream. Oh, what a night.

4 comments:

Heather said...

This is even better than the jalapeno story. *snicker*

I love you, Shelly!

Sarah*d* said...

That was great times! Now i dont have to worry about it.

icuprincessnurse said...

why am I always working when these are great ideas????????

Dawn Renee said...

this actually sounds like something that would totally happen to me!